Friday, November 24, 2006 at 9:30PM
A 'meme' transmitted via Snail's Tales:
- Explain what ended your last relationship. Nothing: it is still on-going.
- When was the last time you shaved? 1981.
- What were you doing this morning at 8AM? Looking out over Bagshot from the window of the train on my way to work.
- What were you doing 15 minutes ago? Watching The Simpsons with my daughter, Zoe.
- Are you any good at math? I'm better than most, but there is still a lot that is beyond me.
- Your prom night, what do you remember about it? If I had one, I've forgotten all about it.
- Do you have any famous ancestors? King Edward I, Hammer of the Scots (but then a large proportion of the British population have royal ancestors if you go back that far).
- How many different beverages have you had today? Coffee (caffeinated and decaff) and a sip of cocoa when I made some for Zoe half an hour ago.
- Do you re-use towels after you shower? I put towels to wash if they smell when they are damp. (If you wash them after a single use then you might as well be using paper towels.)
- Some things you are excited about? Finding, or reading about, new ways of understanding familiar things.
- Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed? I work in an open-plan office.
- Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to? See here.
- Last thing received in the mail? A letter from my bank offering me a loan of 16,000 pounds. I shredded it and put it in the recycling bin.
- Do you like what the ocean does to your hair? I see to it that the ocean doesn't get anywhere near my hair.
- Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns? No. If I did I would shred it and recycle it.
- Have you ever been to a planetarium? Yes, I went with my wife to the London Planetarium about 10 years ago. As soon as the lights went out my wife closed her eyes and slept through the whole show.
- What's the most painful dental procedure you've had? Probably a filling, but I haven't had any of them since the early 1970's.
- What is out your back door? A concrete path and a lawn with an S-shaped mushroom 'ring' on it.
- Any plans for Friday night? Sleep.
- Do you ever leave messages on people's answering machine? Occasionally.
- Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach? No, I draw my daughters name (and she runs around after me rubbing it out).
- Have you had to take a loan out for school. Never.
- Do you know the words to the song on your MySpace profile? MySpace is for kiddies.
- What is your favorite flavor of JELL-O? Jell-o is for kiddies..
- Describe your keychain(s). My work key-tag is a triangular plastic warning sign saying "Danger 415 volts!".
- Where do you keep your change? A small leather purse. When I was young I used to use small plastic bags (the sort banks use to put coins in), but a girl friend took pity on me and bought me one of these purses for Christmas. I have used them ever since.
- When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people? 1994, in a variable star meeting at the Institute of Astronomy at Cambridge.
- What kind of winter coat do you own? None. I get by with an umbrella and a light-weight 'kag-in-a-bag' to keep me dry, and multiple pullovers to keep me warm.
- What was the weather like on your graduation day? Don't know. I was on holiday abroad in late July 1979, when my graduation ceremony took place.